MAY 6, 2015 - NOVEMBER 23, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

Week #56 - PRISON, FLOODS, AND MORE MIRACLES!

Hey y'all!

Okay, so I actually didn't go to Prison BUT we did get to tour one here in Waller!  One of our members has started a program to help decrease social problems in the community by helping inmates receive a college education, and we are able to help out in this program!  So that was fun. Haha I will keep y'all posted on how everything plays out in prison! 

So on Thursday, it started to rain ... but not just rain, STORM!  Like for hours and hours.  We were out at an appointment when it started to rain, and we knew it was suppose to get bad so we decided to head back home.  (My area takes about an hour to drive from one side to the next.)  Well, we were out in the country of course and on back roads ...

My comp and I were a little nervous because of all of the rain and the water on the roads and our GPS was trying to take us on a really flooded road.  I started to get more nervous because by now it is dark and we could barely drive the rain was so thick!  We pulled over, said a prayer and INSTANTLY a wave of peace hit me.  I knew we were going to be just fine if we took the next right and headed towards town, which was the opposite way home. Needless to say, we made it back to the freeway.

But, once we got to our road, the creek was flooded and we couldn't cross it to get to our house! Haha Thank goodness the member we live with was helping us the whole way because she was traveling home as well!  We had to leave our cars down the road and her husband plowed through the road in his truck to rescue us.  We were finally home safe in our apartment around 10:30 pm.
 
Talk about a crazy mission story.
 
The next morning we learned about the 2 tornados that hit 30 minutes away from our apartment.  Scary.  But it is kind of nice not knowing about everything and having the faith all will be fine.  Our members are great about informing as well, don't worry. :) 

But yes, so that was my week and it rained AGAIN on Friday and we had to go into Cypress for a meeting and it took us over 3 hours to get home (when it usually takes us about 45 minutes). Crazy.  The flooding was worse this time than in April, and all of the houses that flooded got it worse.  One of the houses we helped clean up last time received 3 feet of water! 

Anyways, I have a lot of miracles to share as well! 

The McCorkle boys are set for June and they had their interview this weekend.  Also, one of the members brought her friend to church yesterday and they want us to start teaching them!  Miracle!  And one of the recent converts, Dena, has been living with some of the members due to the flood because they lost their house and we have started teaching her whole family now! :)

I love life as a missionary and it's crazy to think I have been doing this for a year!  I love Waller, I love Sister Breinholt and I love the gospel.

Oh, and I am super excited to have a another "missionary in training" with us this week! President has asked if we could take on another sister who wants to go on a "mini mission" and so this week she is going to be with us! 

It's going to be a crazy busy week but super fun and full of miralces! :) 

Wow--sorry this email is so long, but I guess it will make up for last week's super short one! Haha

I love you guys and have a great and safe week! :) 

Love, 
Sister Pinster 

Visiting the Waller County Prison.  Haha

Normally, there is not water here ...

I tried to get a shot of some lightning!
Flood Damage - this is the road we drive every day to get to our house.

This WAS a super nice car ...

One of the families we are teaching and some members took us out to get BIG PIZZA!  Yum!

And, my classic animal picture of the week.  A cute Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment