MAY 6, 2015 - NOVEMBER 23, 2016

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Week #15 - Welcome to the Bonnies!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Hey Everyone!

Wow, so much has happened this past week!  I am training a new sister, Sister Selee, and she is seriously the sweetest person I have ever met! She is from Vancouver, WA!  Crazy!  We are both from the west coast and love Portland!

We are actually reopening an area together, and  we will be working with two branches, the Caldwell Branch and the Hearne Branch!  And it gets better!  We are literally in the boonies!  I finally feel like I am in Texas!!!

I am lovin' Texas and all the animals!   #horsewhisperer

The population for the town of Caldwell is about 5,000 and Hearne is about 1,000!  Soooo small!  The members are so strong and church attendance for both branches is anywhere from 10-50 on a good day.  The work here is going to be great!  The members are totally the best missionaries and when we got here, they already had investigators for us to teach!  Say what!  The work is hastening my friends, and I can't wait to be a part of it here in Caldwell and Hearne!

But it's funny because for the past couple of days, we have been homeless because the apartment wasn't ready for us and lots of other drama.  But we are living in Bryan with the wonderful Bryan Sisters!  It's about 30 minutes from our area, so we are in the car a lot, but we should be able to move in this week!  Yay! 

Also, we have Sister Coronado with us.  She is a "rotating" missionary and is currently with
us to help with reopening the area, and she has been such a lifesaver!!  There are three of us training who came out together and have just finished our own training who need a little bit more help and President has assigned Sister Coronado to rotate between the three of us companionships!

Sister Selee, Sister Coronado and Sister Pinster


This week has just been so chaotic and crazy because transfers were on Tuesday and I've been "homeless" since then!  Haha but I am so blessed to have this opportunity to serve here in Caldwell and I am just excited to get the work going!  Sister Selee is a hard worker as well and the next couple of transfers are going to be so great!

We were able to give talks on Sunday and I spoke on the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day Holy as well as the Sacrament.  Being out on a mission has truly opened my eyes to how important partaking of the sacrament is every since week!  I would encourage all of you to truly ponder the sacrament prayers and what it is that we promise to do every week.  It's such a blessing in my life to have this time in my life to serve the Lord and to gather His sheep!

Thank you all sooooo much for the wonderful bday wishes!  I have the best friends and family members.

My new address is:

Sister Taylor Pinster
1806 W Highway 21
Apt. 108
Caldwell, TX  77836

I love you all and if you haven't had the chance yet, watch the video, "Because of Him."  It's the best!  And read the BOM every single day! My favorite talk right now is all about the importance of the BOM, "Flooding the Earth with the Book of Mormon" by Ezra Taft Benson from October 1998. Read it and start flooding the earth!

Have a great week y'all!

Here are some pictures!

We meet in a cute little storefront for church.


Petersen, Evans and Pinster

No comments:

Post a Comment