MAY 6, 2015 - NOVEMBER 23, 2016

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week #7 - Tropical Storm Bill

Hey Everyone! 

This week has been great! I feel like it went by so fast!  We are starting week 6 of the transfer, which means next week is going to be week 1 of my transfer #2! 

Sister Pinster and Sister Peterson


This week, we were suppose to be hit by a "Big Tropical Storm, Bill."  Well . . . it never came.  We got all prepared and then it rained for about 2 hours and that was it. I guess you could say we were lucky-but I was also let down.  We do have thunderstorms a lot here in Texas and those are really fun.  

We were able to meet with a bunch of LA (less actives) this week as well, and I just love being a missionary and helping others realize how important going to church, reading the scriptures and praying every day truly is!  It's super easy to get out of that habit, but when we do, there is a difference in our lives. I am seeing a lot of changes in our LA because they are keeping their commitments to read, pray, and come to church and it is the best feeling!! I just love being a missionary. :) 

On Tuesday, we met with a potential investigator whose first question to us after we said a prayer was, "Did Mormons baptize Budda?"  Like what?  Weirdest question ever . . . and that's pretty much how the lesson went.  He just had lots of random questions and we didn't get anywhere because he didn't want to learn.  Super sad.  One day he will though!  But we did have to drop him . . . but after that lesson, we were able to teach Jasmine again!  She is starting to progress and read the BOM which is awesome!

We were able to get 2 new investigators this week and they are literally my favorite people ever, Scott and Irma.  Scott is a Deacon at his Catholic Church and Irma is his daughter.  We taught them a little bit about the Plan of Salvation and focused on the BOM and he literally told us, "Everything you have taught me today makes sense and it kind of just fits like a puzzle with my Catholic beliefs and the BOM."  YES!! EXACTLY! I  am suuuuper excited to see both of them progress and they are both so ready to learn more!  It's so awesome! :) The Spirit was so strong in the lesson and I can't wait to teach them more this week!

Well, those were some of the highlights from this week, but I just wanted to say I love y'all and keep up the great work you are doing!  Never forget that you are a child of God and He loves us soooo much!  Share the BOM with friends and neighbors around you! :)

Also, if you have the chance read the talk, "Stay by the Tree" from this last General Conference and do all of the 6 things he tells us to do to endure to the end. 

Hope y'all have a great week! :) 

Love, 
Sister Pinster


No comments:

Post a Comment