MAY 6, 2015 - NOVEMBER 23, 2016

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week #5 - A Week of Miracles

Monday, June 8, 2015

Hey everyone!

I can't believe it's been a whole month since I left Oregon!  And today starts the beginning of the 4th week of my first transfer!  Say whaaaat!  How crazy is that? 

Being on a mission is the best and time is flying by, probably because I am loving every minute of it!  This week I was able to go on an exchange with Sister De La O, the Sister Training Leader in my Zone.  She is from Mexico and she is cutest missionary ever!  She taught me soo much and she has this great desire and is always wanting to share the Gospel!  She's been out here for over a year.

Sister Pinster and Sister De La O

So this week has literally been such a miracle week!  Seriously! We have 4 new investigators!  Our goal is 2 for every week and we were able to find 4 people who are prepared to hear the Gospel!  The Lord's work is truly hasting!  Elisabeth is 17, home schooled and loves learning more about the Gospel and we love teaching her!  She told us she has been searching for the answers to her questions and she has been able to find them through the Book of Mormon and our lessons!  We set a baptismal date for her in July and I can't wait to teach her more and help her prepare! 

Another investigator we taught this week is Rick!  He's an older guy who loves the Bible and actually heard about Temples and got in contact with us because he wants to learn more about how he can be sealed to his wife forever!  Like What?  That is deep doctrine and he is soooo anxious to learn more about the Gospel!  We taught him the Restoration and he basically begged us to come back tomorrow to teach him more.  Haha needless to say he loved learning and wants to know more!  He's so awesome and I can't wait to teach him about the Plan of Salvation!  He's going to love it! 

Next, we have Kristyn, she's someone we have been teaching for a while but the best part about her is that she's a Baptist Minister, and is fully active in her church but also is coming to the knowledge that the BOM is true. I can't wait to see her progress as well!

This week with tracting we ran into sooo many people who wanted to know more and we were able to set up appointments for them this week!  I can't wait to teach the Gospel to every single one of them!  SO many miracles and I know the Lord has His hands in everything we do.  We are just His servants and I am just grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary! 

I started reading the BOM again from the beginning and I love reading about Nephi's faith and courage.  He literally was the best missionary to his brothers and family.  He never gave up and also followed the Lord. 

One of my favorite scriptures right now would have to be 1 Nephi 17:3.  God will always provide a way for each of us to follow the commandments!  I hope all of y'all are having a great week!

Oh and my address is:

16222 Stuebner Airline Road, Apt. 700
Spring, TX 77379

I would love to hear from all of y'all!
Texas is amazing and it's hot and humid but the people are the best!  Everyone is so friendly and even though they have their own beliefs, they listen and encourage us.  We have many families that invite us in for water and then we are able to share more about what we are doing as missionaries.  I also have the best companion (Sister Peterson). Literally...my favorite. 

Anyways, stay strong and keep on going! 

If you can, watch as many Mormom Messages as you can!  My favorites right now are, "The Hope of God's Light," "Lifting Burdens," and "Mountains to Climb."  We watch these with Less Actives and Investigators all the time and the Spirit is always so strong!

Love y'all and have a great week!!

Sister Pinster





No comments:

Post a Comment