MAY 6, 2015 - NOVEMBER 23, 2016

Monday, May 18, 2015

Week #1 - First P-Day in the MTC

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hey Everyone!


Just wanted to say Hi! I am alive and well in the Provo, Utah MTC!  It's crazy to think I have only been here for about a week because I feel like I have been here for a long time! And I am loving every minute of it!! 

My District is awesome and the Spirit is so strong.  I have the cutest companion as well.  We are different in many ways but we really work well together.  We like to joke around and say we compliment each other very well. 

So on the second day of the MTC, I met my first investigator. Yeah that's right--they know how to start training and teaching you right off the bat!  It's the best in so so many ways because I already feel 100 times more prepared for the people in Houston! 

I will try to attach some photos but sometimes the computers are slow and won't let me send very many.

I love this Gospel so so much and every day I am reminded why I am here; to teach and invite the Lord's people to come unto Christ! The first day/night was a little hard for me because I was missing my family so much already. But my roommate from BYUI, Brooke Wagner, (who happened to be my "host" and was the first person I saw at the MTC) was really able to open my eyes. As a member of this Church, I know I will be able to be with my family forever. She pointed it out to me that as a missionary, I will be bringing other people to the knowledge that they can be together forever too! 

I have grown to love reading the Book of Mormon or BOM every day and we read as a District. It creates such a strong bond between us.  (So a District is a group of missionaries that work together and study together every day.) We are with each other for almost 12 hours a day...no joke. No wonder we feel like family! Oh and my cute companion's name is Sister Hart! She's from St. George and she's going to Knoxville TN! In my District, there are 4 of us going to Houston (Sister Packard, Sister Soto, and Elder Gay). The other 6 are going to Knoxville (Elder Swindler, Elder Park [who I knew from BYUI--small world], Elder Schultz, Sister Hart, Sister Hovey, and Sister Parry).

Well anyways, I would just challenge all of you to get in the habit of reading the BOM every day if you can and I know it will bless your lives! Have a question in mind as you are reading and you will be able to get sooo much more out of it! Also always remember to pray to our Heavenly Father! He loves us so much and wants to hear from us! :) 

Thanks for all of the DearElder letters also! It's the best getting mail!! 

I love you all, and am so grateful for the impact y'all have made on me! 

Love, 
Sister Taylor Pinster



Sister Hart (from St. George UT to Knoxville TN) and
Sister Pinster (from Hillsboro OR to Houston TX)
MTC Companions


Sister Taylor Pinster and her MTC host, Sister Brooke Wagner
(previous BYUI roommates)




No comments:

Post a Comment