MAY 6, 2015 - NOVEMBER 23, 2016

Monday, July 20, 2015

Week #10 - Trio Training Begins

Hey Y'all!


This week has been a week full adventures and new experiences!  We finally got our new sister straight from the MTC - Sister Evans!  She is also a redhead and I just love her so much already! :)  

Sister Evans, Sister Pinster & Sister Peterson

I don't even know where to start for this week.  My testimony has been strengthen sooo much this week as we have found new investigators and people to teach, our less actives are coming back to church, and we were dropped by a couple of our investigators.  Fun stuff!  I love being a missionary because I am truly starting to understand how the Gospel is the only way to live in this life.  The world is very black and white. Satan tries to convince us that some things can be gray, but this is not so.  God's way is the only way! 

We had a "drop" lesson with our investigator, Kristyn, who is the Baptist minister.  I love her sooo much and we will always be friends, but wow what an experience.  She was trying to convince us that "her gospel" is so much easier than "our gospel."  Super sad because all I wanted to do was tell her that yes it is, but "Salvation is not a cheap experience!"  (That's an Elder Holland talk--go look it up.)  But we just let her talk a little and then bore our testimonies on this Gospel, the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith.  I felt the Spirit so strong and it really hit me that this gospel is true; there is no other way to live and be happy.  

I want everyone to know that I know this Gospel is true and even though it's not the easiest at times, it is the only way we can return back to our Heavenly Father's presence.  

We had a lot of great things happen this week as well!  One miracle was since we started planning the Lord's way, and letting Him lead us and guide us even more, we were able to achieve all of our goals for this week!  One night it is late--like 8:30, and we still needed to get one more lesson and a new investigator.  We prayed and felt prompted to go visit a former investigator.  When we got there, Christiana (a different person) answered the door and let us in.  We taught her about the Book of Mormon and about Christ's Earthly Ministry and she wants us to come back and teach her more!  She committed to read the Book of Mormon and we are going back tomorrow to teach her the full Restoration!  So excited! :)  Miracles!! 

I love being a missionary!  It's the best!  We also got to go to the Temple Grounds Tour with an investigator and it was great! :)  The Church is true and I love this Gospel! 

Here is a picture of the beautiful Houston Temple!
I am so lucky to be living so close to it right now and I had the opportunity
to do service (yard work) on the Temple Grounds this week.  What a blessing!
Love y'all and have a great week! :)

Sister Pinster

No comments:

Post a Comment